Sunday, November 25, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - November 26, 2012

Pin It I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I sure did!  I loved spending the day with my family and friends and really enjoyed having my hubby home for a nice long four-day weekend!  We even got some projects done!  I cleaned out a few of those unruly drawers in my kitchen, weeded out my recipe book, washed the kitchen floor and deep-cleaned my dust-coated bedroom.  My hubby did some clearing out in the basement and got our Christmas lights up (yaah!), plus some other stuff.

Since we ate dinner at our friend's home, we don't have much in the way of leftovers, so this week's meal plan doesn't include recipes using turkey or mashed potatoes, but I'd love to hear some of the creative ways you have found for using Thanksgiving leftovers.

MONDAY - Java Crockpot Roast - This is my new favorite way to cook a roast.  The flavor is sooooo good.  I just leave out the cream cheese that's mentioned in the recipe.

TUESDAY - Oven Baked Chicken Cacciatore - I've been enjoying dicing up fresh tomatoes instead of canned, but either works great!

WEDNESDAY - Experimental Creamy Burger and Potatoes - I'll be using the creamy sauce from my Creamy Chicken Pie, but using ground beef and cubed potatoes instead of chicken.  I'll let you know if it turns out yummy.

THURSDAY - Beef and Sorghum Stew and Biscuits - I'll be using the planned-over beef from Monday's dinner in my new favorite stew recipe which I hope to share soon.

FRIDAY - Roaster Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Peas - Since we didn't have Thanksgiving leftovers, I'm still craving all that goodness.

SATURDAY - Take-Out from Pei Wei Asian Diner.  This has become our Christmas-Tree-Getting-Day traditional dinner.  They have a reasonable gluten free menu and my whole family likes it.

SUNDAY - Salad Dressing Chicken and Rice

What's on your plan?

This plan is being shared at Menu Plan MondayMenu MondayGluten Free Menu Swap

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it all sounds so good...creamy burger potatoes, biscuits, and Pei Wei...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by from Menu Plan Monday. We also do not have many leftovers which is probably just as well as my family doesn't get too excited about leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Due to a high volume of spam, comments are being moderated. Your comment will appear as soon as it as been approved.