Monday, September 3, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - September 3, 2012

Pin It I've been living in barely-pulling-it-together mode this past week and I expect it will continue into this week.  We started our homeschool year last week.  We are preparing for a beach trip next week.  And we're at the very end of converting out screened-in porch into a four-season school room.   That renovation has been a long road.  My husband is extremely talented in home repair and renovation so he does all the work himself.  But he also has a full-time job.  That means projects like these take longer than hiring a crew to come do it.  But it's almost finished. (yaahh!)  So I've been spending time shopping for curtains, picking out carpet, and shopping on-line at Ikea for desks and bookcases.  In the mean time, my bookshelves are overflowing onto the floor as I've ordered our new homeschool curriculum for this year and have no place to put it (until we get that schoolroom finished!).

Anyway, because of all that, I didn't get a meal plan written last week - and let me just say, that didn't help anything!  I really don't function well without a meal plan, so I've determined to pull one together for this week, even if its not so perfect.  Oh yeah, and then I've got to get to the grocery store 'cause my freezer stash of chicken and ground turkey is almost gone.  Anyway, here's what I've pulled together for this week.

MONDAY - Creamy Chicken and Rice  - This will be an experiment (my family loves when I say that).  I'm thinking of making the filling from Creamy Chicken Pie, but serving it over rice instead of making pie crust.  Think it'll work?

TUESDAY - Gina Chicken over Rice - I have several bags in my freezer of the pre-cut marinated chicken so this one is super quick and easy.

WEDNESDAY - Oven Baked Chicken Cacciatore  This will be a run-around evening as two of my children have evening appointments.  This recipe is perfect for evenings like that because I can prepare it all, pop it in the oven with the timer set and come home to dinner.

THURSDAY - I'm thinking Chicken Drumsticks and Oven Fries.  We start back at our homeschool co-op classes and I expect we will come home late afternoon feeling a bit worn out.  This meal won't require much brain power to prepare.

FRIDAY - Hummm . . . Evening dance class followed by a birthday party . . . Hamburgers?

SATURDAY - We'll be eating dinner at the beach so I haven't quite figured out the beach meal plan yet, but maybe Sausage with Mushrooms, Peppers and Onions.

That's a lot of chicken - oh well.  Every week doesn't have to be perfect and balanced, does it?

For more inspiration, check out Menu Plan Monday and Gluten Free Menu Swap.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning! I'm visiting from the Menu Plan Monday link up. The creamy chicken over rice idea is great and I clicked through to the recipe for "Gina" chicken--it sounds delicious. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing and have a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The renovation project sounds exciting even though it adds a lot more work and clutter to your days. The trip to the beach sounds like it will be a nice change of pace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Due to a high volume of spam, comments are being moderated. Your comment will appear as soon as it as been approved.