Sunday, March 18, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - Mar 19, 2012

Pin It
This past week was a yummy one!  We enjoyed delicious corned beef and cabbage on Saturday (I know it was a day early for St. Patrick's Day, but it was still just as good).  Then Saturday we had some friends over for a fabulous turkey dinner.  My husband worked some magic with that turkey and it had the most wonderful flavor, and very moist!  It was a big turkey so even after sending some home with our guests, I've got a good bit left to work with.  You may notice a theme in this week's meal plan.

MONDAY - Secondhand Turkey Isn't that the greatest name for a leftover turkey casserole!  Wish I thought of it.  I haven't made this before but it sounds great.  I'll just use oil in place of butter for sauteing and use gluten-free Schar pasta in place of the egg noodles.  It also calls for bread crumbs which I happen to have in my freezer from last time I  made them (gotta love easy).

TUESDAY - Beef Stroganoff in the Crockpot This is a new dish which my family seems to really like.  Plus it will break up the turkey theme we've got going.

WEDNESDAY - Mrs. Jolly's Turkey Casserol - This is a flavorful turkey and rice-based casserole with slivered almonds, mushrooms and celery topped with crushed potato chips.  It was served to me about 8 years ago on a visit to Canada by a sweet lady named, you guessed it, Mrs. Jolly (that's her real name).  It was so good I took the recipe home with me and I'll be converting it to be dairy-free and gluten-free this week.  I'll post the recipe soon (as long as it turns out as good as I remember it).

THURSDAY - Italian Sausages along with sauted onions and green peppers served with rice

FRIDAY - Turkey Noodle Soup and Homemade GF Bread - My husband is a master at broth making.  He boils down that carcas along with onions and carrots and celery and who knows what else and makes this amazing turkey broth!  I'll do the easy part and turn it into soup.  As for the bread, I've been working on the perfect sandwich bread recipe and I think I've nearly got it!  I'll test it a few more times and then share it with you all.

SATURDAY - Planned-Over Buffet!  I know I'll have some left over from Wednesday and I'm betting there'll be a bit from Monday and Tuesday as well.

SUNDAY - Spaghetti and Meatballs

This week's Gluten Free Menu Swap is being hosted at Celiacs in the House.  Also be sure to look at the loads of menu ideas linked up at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Due to a high volume of spam, comments are being moderated. Your comment will appear as soon as it as been approved.