Thursday, June 27, 2013

Red Curry Chicken Noodles {gluten, dairy and egg-free}

Pin It
So I'm going through the buffet line at a church fellowship meal when I see this wonderful looking noodle and chicken dish.  I help myself to a portion and continue gathering other tasty options along the table.  Once seated, I start sampling the variety on my plate and am so taken with this noodle dish that I end up going back for seconds.  Lucky for me, I was able to find the person who made it and . . . 

     . . . ooohhhh, teaser!  For the rest of the story and the recipe, please come visit me at  Not Your Ordinary Recipes where I'm guest posting today!  And while you're there, be sure to browse through her other great looking recipes.

See you there!

Update:  It seems that the above link is no longer available, so you can now find the recipe right here!

Red Curry Chicken Noodles {gluten, dairy and egg-free version}

12 oz box of gluten-free noodles (I like Schar's Tagliatelle Pasta for this recipe)
2 TBSP olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
juice from 1 lime (about 2 TBSP)
2 TBSP red curry paste (look for this in the grocery store's Asian section)
14-ounce can coconut milk (We use Goya because it tastes good and is usually cheaper than other brands.)
salt and pepper to taste


  • Prepare pasta according to package directions.  Drain and set aside.
  • Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.  Add diced onion and pepper.  Saute until tender, or about 10 minutes.
  • To the skillet, add chicken pieces and cook through.
  • Add lime juice, red curry paste and coconut milk.  Stir to combine.  Bring to a simmer, cooking for a few minutes more.  Sauce will be smooth but not thick.
  • Either combine noodles with chicken/sauce mixture or serve individual portions of noodles topped with chicken/sauce.  (This allows for serving some with gluten-free noodles and others with "regular" noodles, if desired.  My whole family enjoys the Shar noodles, so we just mix it all together and enjoy.



This recipe is being shared at Musings of a HousewifeMake Your Own MondayMelt in Your Mouth MondayFat TuesdaySlightly Indulgent TuesdayWednesday ExtravaganzaWednesday Fresh FoodsReal Food WednesdayCast Party WednesdayWhat's Cooking WednesdayGluten Free WednesdayAllergy Free Wednesday


2 comments:

  1. It won't take me to the page it's to be on and I really want to make this!!! Help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    Thanks for pointing this out. Ive updated the page so you can get the recipe here. Hope you enjoy because it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Due to a high volume of spam, comments are being moderated. Your comment will appear as soon as it as been approved.