Monday, April 16, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - April 16, 2012

Pin It Well, we just returned late last night from a weekend trip to visit family in Maryland.  It was a great weekend, but we are all worn out!   A highlight of the trip for me was how easy the food/meals came together.  As those with food allergies know, traveling is tricky and requires some planning and prep-work to be sure you'll have things to eat while away.  During this trip, my mother-in-law had done some of that for me and prepared a wonderful beef and veggie soup - allergen-free!  There was a pizza party we attended which turned out to be easy since we brought along a frozen pizza crust, Daiya cheese shreds and spaghetti sauce - instant pizza.  So now onto this week . . .

MONDAY - Chicken Pot Pie.  This one I made a while back and froze so dinner tonight will be heat and serve!

TUESDAY - Ranch Seasoned Chicken and Oven Fries 

WEDNESDAY - Mrs. Jolly's Chicken Casserole.  I'm just realizing I haven't posted this recipe yet.  Its a good one and freezes well, so I'll try to share it soon.

THURSDAY - Shrimp Scampi with Schar gluten-free noodles

FRIDAY - Pulled Chicken in the Crockpot served over Rice.  This will be a run-around evening as I get my daughter to dance class and my son to baseball.  The crockpot to the rescue!

SATURDAY - My daughter and I will be eating at the annual Mother-Daughter Banquet given by her Faith Girls Group.  Not sure what the rest of my family will eat . . . hummm.

SUNDAY - Hamburgers

As a side note, I plan to post my new sandwich bread recipe this week!  I'm really excited about it because its, well, really good!  Be sure to check back later in the week.

For more great dinner ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday and Gluten Free Menu Swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Due to a high volume of spam, comments are being moderated. Your comment will appear as soon as it as been approved.