Monday, October 8, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - Oct 8, 2012

Pin It Happy Monday!  Before I share our menu plan for the week, can I ask a favor of you?  My little cooking blog is in the running for the Circle of Mom's Top 25 Food Allergy Blogs.  I realize I am waaaayyy down on the list, but it's fun to pull for the underdog, right?  Anyway, I'd appreciate your vote!  Even if you've already voted, you can vote again, once every 24 hours.  Just click on this Circle of Moms link, scroll down to "Not Missing a Thing!" and click "vote".  Quick and easy.  Thanks in advance for your support!

Now on to menu planning . . .  Last week, after I had written my meal plan, I found that roasts were 50% off at the grocery store.  I couldn't resist so I bought three, two for the freezer and one for the week.  Then I completely changed our meal plan - and it was worth it!  So this week I'll mix in some of the things I skipped from last week.  Even with such a fluid plan, having a plan makes all the difference for me.

MONDAY - Shrimp Scampi - A while back during a big sale, I bought several bags of frozen shrimp.  Now I'm enjoying using them bit by bit.

TUESDAY - Skillet Fiesta - This is a new recipe I've been making and I'll be sharing it with you soon. Its a wonderful mix of ground beef, quinoa and diced tomatoes.

WEDNESDAY - Sausage with Peppers, Mushrooms and Onions over Rice - Was planning to make this last week, but replaced it with a roast.

THURSDAY - Chili in the Crockpot with Cornbread - Its just that time of the year!

FRIDAY - Mini-Meatloaves with Roast Potatoes and Salad

SATURDAY - We'll be at our annual church picnic on Saturday.  I haven't checked the sign-up so I'm not sure what I'll be bringing.

SUNDAY - Fried Potatoes and Ham - This one was on the plan for last week but got bumped, so we'll have it this week.

What's on your plan?  For more inspiration, check out Menu Plan Monday and Gluten Free Menu Swap


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Due to a high volume of spam, comments are being moderated. Your comment will appear as soon as it as been approved.